Sail with us on
board Brigantine Florette
She is the last survivor of her kind today and proudly represents
our rich Mediterranean maritime history.
She continues to sail the oceans offering a wide range of activities for all to enjoy.
Our activities, principles and values
Who are we?
Under the company name "Historical Tallship Sailing Ltd", we, the Haynes family, operate and maintain the 100 year old wooden Brigantine Florette. She is the last of her kind, and we offer tour operators, organisations, groups, families and individual sailors a unique opportunity to discover the sea, the land and the people as well as their cultures. We offer and promote environmentally friendly and sustainable tourism. By sailing together, we also support the preservation of our valuable maritime tradition. You can come onboard as voyage crew and actively participate in sailing and onboard life; all in a family atmosphere. We have also supported expeditions and environmental research on climate change and ocean pollution for two generations. With the trademark ECOSHIP and the associated interesting projects such as cargo under sail, with our own coffee brand "VELA VELA", we maintain our values and maritime tradition.
As a professionally run vessel with decades of experience, we can offer you guaranteed adventure on your next sailing trip or charter.
• Exclusive charters and expeditions for groups of up to 30 people
• Active adventure holidays for clubs and families, including activities such as volcano hiking
• Sail training
• Sport holidays, such as diving or sea kayaking
• Cultural and historical re-enactments
• Management training location, or a platform for networking events
• Language courses
• Incentive holidays
• Film work and cinema productions
• B&B, mobile base camp for expeditions
• Private events such as birthday parties and weddings
• Promotion of environmental projects, such as our own ECOSHIP labels
• Cargo under sail with own coffee brand "VELA VELA"